In this guide, we are going to talk about How to Screen Mirror to Philips Smart TV
Can I cast to Philips TV?
Yes, normally you can cast or stream some content to a Philips TV using various methods. But this depends on the model of your television. Google Cast ( Chromecast), Miracast, DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance), Philips TV Remote App, and HDMI Connection are examples of that.
How to turn on Screen Mirroring on Philips TV
path 01- built-in screen mirroring feature
Firstly, your Roku TV and phone should be connected to the same WI-Fi network. Then tap “Display” on mobile devices’ settings. Next, go to “Screen Mirroring”. Then select your TV from that available device list.
path 02- Use a third-party app
You can use third-party apps available for screen mirroring. Roku Cast, AirPlay, and Miracast are the most popular options. So you can download it and install one of those chosen apps. And after that open it and follow the instructions to mirror your screen.
Troubleshooting: Enabling Screen Mirroring on Philips Roku TV
If you get into some trouble in this process, make sure that your mobile phone is compatible with the screen mirroring feature.
Also, you can try restarting your Philips Roku TV and your mobile device. Still, if you getting this problem ask Roku TV customer care support.
Also, there are some additional tips to be considered in this process. Your Wi-Fi connection should be strong and stable. Network lagging or buffering may cause trouble.
If you have a third-party app, it needs to be up-to-date. And keep in mind that the screen mirroring feature may not work with all apps and websites.
How to Screen Mirroring to Philips Smart TV: All Devices
1. Screen Mirror- Android to Philips Roku TV
You can screen mirror your Android phone to Philips Roku TV. We will give you two of the most familiar methods below.
path 01- Using the Roku Screen Mirroring app
First, you have to download and install the Roku Screen Mirroring app for your Android. Open that and search for the “Cast” icon. (Connect both devices to the same WiFi network.)
Find the available devices list and select your TV. Now Android screen should have to be mirrored to Philips Roku TV.
path 02-Using the Cast option in the Android Settings menu
Open the Settings menu on your Android device, and tap on “Connected devices.”
After that Tap on “Cast”. Search the list of available devices and select your Philips Roku TV. Now, mirroring should have to work.
If you get some trouble with screen mirroring from Android to Philips Roku TV, give it a try this way.
Check that your Android device and your Philips Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. After that, Philips Roku TV and Android device both restart.
Check the Restart your Android device and your Philips Roku TV. And Roku Screen Mirroring app should be up-to-date. Still, if you have a problem seek help from Roku customer support and assistance.
2. Screen Mirror-Windows PC to Philips Roku TV
Yes. You can mirror a Windows PC to a Philips Roku TV. For that, you need Miracast or a third-party app.
path 1: Using Miracast
- Ensure that your PC and Roku TV both two devices are both compatible with Miracast. To check that see the specifications of your PC and Roku TV to confirm Miracast support. Some older Roku models will not have Miracast compatibility.
- Connect those devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- That helps to enable Miracast communication between both devices. Next miracast on your Roku TV on this path.
- First, Go to Settings. Next, System. After, Screen mirroring on your Roku TV. Finally, select Screen mirroring mode and Always allow to Prompt.
- Now, start Miracast on your Windows PC.
- Open the Action Center of your Windows 10 or 11 computer. Select on the Connect icon. Then choose “connect to a wireless Display”. Now Roku TV should appear in the list of available devices.
- After that click on the name of your Roku TV in the list of available devices. With this, a connection prompt will appear on your Roku TV screen.
- Then select Allow to initiate the screen mirroring connection.
- Now enjoy screen mirroring. with this, you can use your computer as usual and everything you see on your PC will be displayed on your Roku TV.
- If you still struggling with issues while screen mirroring from a Windows PC to a Philips Roku TV, try the following tips.
- Check out your Wi-Fi connection: Make sure that your PC and Roku TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network with a strong and stable connection.
- Restart devices: Restart both your PC and Roku TV.
- Update software: Immediately check for updates for your PC’s operating system, graphics drivers, and Roku TV firmware.
- Check Miracast compatibility: You have to Confirm that both your PC and Roku TV support Miracast.
- Consult app developer: When using the app, refer to the app’s developer support troubleshooting guidance.
- Contact Roku support: If the issue still persists, please contact Roku customer support for further assistance.
3. How to AirPlay to Philips TV from iPhone
This is not a built-in feature of Philips Roku TVs. However, you can still use AirPlay. It may be suitable for iPhone, iPad, or Mac to your Philips Roku TV using a third-party app called Roku Cast.
Steps to Enable AirPlay on Philips Roku TV using Roku Cast App
- Download and install the Roku Cast app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac and open it.
- Make sure your TV and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- After that choose your Philips Roku TV from the list of available devices. Next, enter the code that is displayed on your Philips Roku TV screen into the Roku Cast app.
- Now, your iPhone, iPad, or Mac screen should now be mirrored to your Philips Roku TV.
AirPlay iPhone/iPad to Philips TV
Philips TVs aren’t built with AirPlay but you can still mirror it to your iPhone, iPad, or MacBook. You can use third-party apps or adapters to that.
Another Third-Party App
These third-party apps can enable screen mirroring from your iOS or macOS device to your Philips TV. Some popular options include:
AirBeamTV: This app allows you to wirelessly mirror your iPhone, iPad, or MacBook to your Philips TV. That’s compatible with a wide range of Philips TV models and supports various screen mirroring features.
Reflector 4: This app is available for both iOS and macOS. And it allows you to mirror your device’s screen to your Philips TV along with audio. This also offers various customization options and supports.
path 2: Use an Adapter
In this case, you can use an HDMI adapter to mirror both devices. This method requires an additional device.
Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter: This adapter connects your iPhone or iPad to the HDMI port. It allows you to mirror your device’s screen with audio.
This Apple Digital AV Adapter connects your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with a Lightning connector to the HDMI port on your Philips TV using a Lightning-to-VGA adapter and a VGA cable.
This allows you to mirror your device’s screen along with audio.
Remember this. Not all Philips TV models are compatible with all third-party apps or adapters.
so it’s essential to check compatibility when you are purchasing.
Additionally, some third-party apps will require an in-app purchase to unlock all of the features.
How to Screen Mirror from Mac to Philips TV
There are two main methods for screen mirroring from a Mac to a Philips TV: using AirPlay or a third-party app.
path 1: Using AirPlay
To use AirPlay
First, make sure your Mac and your TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Then select the AirPlay icon.
After that choose your Philips TV from the list of available devices. Your Mac’s screen should now be mirrored to your Philips TV.
path 2: Using a Third-Party App
Once Philips TV may not have AirPlay support. So, you can use a third-party app to do that.AirBeamTV, Reflector 4, and MirrorMeister are the most common apps to use for it.
To use a third-party app to mirror your Mac to your Philips TV:
First download and install one of those apps. Then, connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network. After that open app. Find your TV on the available devices list and follow the instructions
How to Screen Mirror to Philips TV Without WiFi
You can easily do it by using a wired connection or using a third-party app that creates a local Wi-Fi network.
path 1: Wired Connection
Firstly collect the necessary equipment: You need an HDMI cable and a compatible adapter.
If the device has a USB-C port, you will need a USB-C to HDMI adapter too. If it has a Lightning port, you will need a Lightning to HDMI adapter.
Now connect the cable and plug one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on your TV. Now plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the adapter.
Finally, connect the adapter to your device. Now use the remote control to change the input on your TV to the HDMI source.
The screen mirroring process may vary depending on your device and for Android devices.
Does Philips smart TV support Apple TV?
Yes, Philips smart TVs support the Apple TV app. Check out our complete guide on that.