In this guide, we are going to talk about how to Cast YouTube Kids on Firestick
YouTube Kids makes it easy for your kids to watch their favorite shows or learn about anything that interests them. It’s free, effortless to use, and full of videos that are good for the whole family. YouTube Kids is an app and website for kids in the United States that lets them watch videos. It was made by YouTube, which Google owns.
According to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, the app offers a version of the service that is just for kids. This version has curated content, parental control features, and videos that aren’t appropriate for kids under the age of 13 to watch. The app was first available for Android and iOS phones on February 15, 2015. Since then, it has been made available for LG, Samsung, and Sony smart TVs, as well as Android TV. You could get it on Apple TV as of May 27, 2020.
The app can be used in 69 countries as of September 2019. On August 30, 2019, YouTube Kids became available on the web. Advocacy groups, like the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood, have been critical of YouTube Kids because of its use of commercial ads and its algorithmic suggestions of videos that may not be appropriate for the app’s target audience.
This is because the app has been linked to a controversy over disturbing and violent videos that show characters from children’s media franchises. Due to complaints about the videos, YouTube said it would take stricter steps to review and filter such videos when the community reports them and keep them from being available in the YouTube Kids app.
Both the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood (CCFC) and the Center for Digital Democracy (CDD) were worried about the ads in the YouTube Kids app. They said that kids wouldn’t be able to tell the ads from the content. Later, short bumpers were added to the app to make it clear that the ads were different from the range.
How to Cast YouTube Kids to Firestick | Step By Step
Set Up Mirroring on Firestick
- First, connect and configure the Amazon FireStick to TV.
- Connect your Firestick device to Wifi.
- Then press the Home button using the remote control.
- Then select Mirroring.
- Now you will see a screen called Screen Mirroring.
- Now you can start mirroring the screen from any of your phones.
How To Cast YouTube Kids On Firestick Using Android
Using ScreenMirror App
- Download this app below to your phone.
- Connect your Firestick and phone to the same Wifi network.
- Now open the application and click on Select TV
- Then click on the three dots in the upper right corner and click on Enable Wireless Display.
- You will now be shown the Firestick device.
- Tap it.
- Your phone screen is now reflected in the Firestick.
- Now when you download and use the YouTube Kids app, it will be displayed on the TV screen.
Using Android Phone
- First, connect your Android device and Firestick device to the same Wifi network.
- Then open the Notifications menu.
- Select the Casting feature. This varies by phone model. Below are such names.
(Samsung – Quick Connect, AllShare Cast, Wireless Display, Display mirroring, HTC Connect, Smart View, Screen casting, SmartShare)
- Tap on the Casting feature. Shows you a list of devices or items.
- Select the Firestick device and tap on it.
- Now the screen of your Android device will start mirroring to Firestick.
- Then download and use the YouTube Kids app on your phone.
- YouTube Kids is then displayed on the TV screen connected to the Firestick.
How To Cast YouTube Kids On Firestick Using iPhone
- Connect your iPhone and Firestick device to the same Wifi water.
- Now activate the Firestick device and go to Find / Search on the Firestick device.
- Then type AirScreen.
- Then select and install the AirScreen App from the resulting result.
- Now go to Firestick Home and open the AirScreen app.
- AirScreen will take you to the home screen showing the current Wi-Fi connection.
- Now go to your iPhone and open the Control Center on the iPhone.
- Long press on the screen mirror icon there.
- It will show your Firestick device. Click on it. Then in a few seconds, your screen will be displayed on the firestick.
- Now download and Open YouTube Kids App on your phone. Then it appears on the TV screen.
How To Cast YouTube Kids On Firestick Using Windows PC
- First, connect your Windows computer and Firestick device to the same Wifi network.
- Now hold down the Home button on your Firestick device’s Remote for a few seconds.
- Select Mirroring from the menu that appears. There you will see the Display Mirroring screen.
- Now click on the notification icon on the computer. (It’s in the lower right corner.)
- Click on Connect.
- Now it will show you your Firestick device there.
- Click on it. Then your screen will mirror on Firestick.
- You now go to YouTube Kids using a web browser.